Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Black Cat Crossing Blog Hop -- Day 8

Wicked Wendy has the Schedule HERE

Velcome to the eighth day of the Black Cat Crossing Blog Hop ... only two more days left!  Today is the day I show you what I created.

I'd like to thank the Mahhhhvelous Madame Samm from Sew We Quilt for continuing the tradition of the "Wicked" blog hop, for hosting this event and also for doing all she does to obtain wonderful sponsors for not only this blog hop, but for all of them!  Thank you also to Wicked Wendy from Why Knot Kwilt for being our Cheerleader and getting us all scheduled.  Also, thank you to Maywood Studio for sponsoring this fabulous hop.

Everything I made is for a little girl in the neighborhood. 

First is a little purse she's going to take to school for her Halloween party.  But knowing her, she'll probably be carrying it around all the time filled with some of her worldly possessions.  She can also use it for trick or treating by just leaving it unbuttoned.  

The cat silhouettes I used are Madame Samm's and she was kind enough to send me a file with the picture. 


But .... wait for it .... wait for it ... it's reversible! 

 
I used the Two-Hour Tulip Purse pattern by Janice Pope which was a great canvas to add all of the embellishments.   It's definitely not a two-hour project when you add all of the details.

I also made black cat tissue box cover using my pattern which can be found here on Craftsy.  The ribbon looks like it's dark blue, but it's actually black. 




The last two pictures show everything together.  Included in these pictures are a few additional accessories to put in her purse ... a lip balm keychain and a pocket tissue holder. 


 


Thank you all for stopping by to see my treats.  Now it's time to hop back on your brooms and fly over to see the others participating today.

Wednesday, October 29
A Stitch in Time     

Until next time ...
Peace, 
Jan

81 comments:

  1. I like the sneaky cat on the reversible purse. These bags are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, not sure which side of the bag I like better. Lots of cute projects, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift for the lucky little girl, bet she is very happy! Nice to see projects made for others. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag is adorable and reversible too, great idea. I like all the extras to go with. That little girl is going to live it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic bag, love the cat both on the inside and outside. Your other projects are adorable, too! I guess the little girl will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat bag is great! Love the reversible effects! The tissue box cover is really pretty too.. LOVE that black lace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purse is awesome! I love both side of it. I know this lucky little girl will love having all these goodies made just for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic gift...that is one lucky little girl! Sew lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous projects! The purse is especially wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful purse. I can see it becoming an essential part of the little girl's wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fantastic bag!!! I love it myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Jan, what wee tot would not love this bag...and the tissue holder key and pocket tissue...purrrrrfect addition to our sweet hop.... your pics are a velcome addition too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that bag is so cool, I LOVE that it is reversible!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are really cute bags. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice projects, that cat just shines on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, those are some cute, creative projects! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jan your little neighbor is going to be so thrilled! And who wouldn't with such darling accessories for that adorable purse! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a terrific spin you put on the purse. Your little friend should be so pleased. The tissue holder is a great idea as are the lip balm and tissue holders.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet, yet spooky, gift for your neighbor girl. I love the reversible bag...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous bag! I definitely want to try this one ~ yours is SO cute!! Love the accessories to go with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to be a little girl again...and have someone make me this purse!!!! Oh heck, I want one now, guess you are never too old for a cute purse. Love that tissue box cover, I could use one of those. Will definitely have to check out your pattern. Lovely projects. Sweet that they will make a little girl's day. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in LOVE with it all!!! You creative gals WOW me!!!
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lucky little girl to get that wonderful bag. All of your projects are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jan, what a lucky little girl to be the receiver of that awesome purse/trick or treat bag! It is awesome! Love it that it's reversible! And nice accessory pieces too. The tissue cover is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am on CUTENESS OVERLOAD! Everyone of these items are just as cute as they can be!!! That FRINGE!!!!! LOVE IT! GREAT JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your projects are wonderful! I love the two hour tulip bag and have made it many, many times. I love the embellishments you added. They "make" the bag. Thanks for sharing your creations and talent with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, Jan! Your projects are so perfect for the season! Love that purse!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lucky little girl to receive all of these. I love that little purse.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are wonderful and I love the reversible bag!!! Very clever. That will be a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jan you did so good! Love your purse and to make the accessories too. Your tissue covers are wonderful. Great job on all.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the Purse Jan! I know a Big Girl who would enjoy it too!! Thanks for sharing all your lovely projects with us!!
    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  32. The purses are fantastic! How cool! It's all great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are fantastic! You are going to make that little girl very happy indeed. I love the reversible bag. How clever you are. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your purse has put a smile on my face and I am still smiling. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lucky lady. The purse is sew cute and accessories too! Your tissue box cover is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loved all your goodies for the little girl in your neighborhood. What a lucky kid! yessewingisfun@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are some great projects, thank you for sharing them Jan!
    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, Jan, the purse is as cute as can be. I know the little girl will love it. I really like your other projects, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What wonderful and creative projects. Great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the fringe...the perfect complement to the bag! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adorable! How cute is that reversible bag? Just purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your reversible tote and all the accessories! So fashionable and so spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  43. All your projects are fabulous!!! That purse is just too cute, and reversible!!! You are incredibly creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your cat bag!!!

    Beth

    oneoldgoat1962 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. i love the bags so much..
    super cute..
    big hugs x
    cucki

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful projects for a young lady for Halloween. I had to laugh at the two hour bag. It's like Quilt in a Day - it's more like quilt in a year. It can take me forever just to cut all the pieces to a quilt, then sewing is another story. I love the reversible purse. I bet it has worldly possessions in it soon. Thanks for participating and all the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi!!!! Wow!!!! Wonderful!!!!! I love the black cat side of the purse!!!!! Too cute!!!!! So sweet of you to give to a little girl neighbor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. You are uber clever with your Wicked projects. I really adore how your bag is reversible. The lip balm keychain is very smart too. Lucky neighbor girl. Thank you sew very much for participating and hopping. Creative Black Cat Crossing Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very creative Bags! Love the Cat Face one best of all! Awesome job on all your projects tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. these are a fabulous set of bags!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love bags, so the purse is my preference. You are going to have one happy little neighbor and her classmates are going to be soooo envious.

    ReplyDelete
  52. These really are the cutest! Happy halloweenie, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a great set, and loved the tissue box cover. Thanks for sharing the link to craftsy.

    ReplyDelete
  54. They are all just adorable. The reversible purse is too cute. Have a spooktacular Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  55. You are the creative one for sure. What a lucky little lady to have someone like you make her a purse. It's the cutest halloween purse, ever, and she can reverse it to use it anytime with that sweet cat face. The buttons were perfect as eyes. Your other projects are just as sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Fantastic - what an adorable purse and making it reversible was brilliant! Besides, both sides are adorable; lucky little girl. The tissue cover is going to be a great addition to the Halloween decorations; it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  57. The purse is sew sweet. The kitty face stitching is wonderful. All the purse goodies are neat too. And How about another seasonal tissue cover--it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  58. A reversible purse....fun! I love the black cat face!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great set! The cat face is super cute. Your little friend is going to love everything :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  60. That is a wonderful creepy idea, this reversible purse is sooo nice! I would also take it right away, even if I am not a little girl anymore! You were so productive and creative on your projects, I love them, and your pics are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wonderful projects! I love the embellishments you made for the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Such great items to be festive on the go. Love them all! That reversible bag is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love how you made that purse pattern your own.Wonderful projects and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  64. What wickedly delightful projects! I am sure that is one very lucky neighborhood darling! Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a lucky little girl in your neighborhood! The reversible purse is SO much fun! The additions within and the tissue box holder are such fun, too! Spook-tacular! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  66. The reversible purse is so adorable! And a tissue box cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Reversible! How ingenious!!!! Oh the fun one could have with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  68. Delightful! Such clever ideas for not only pretty, but practical projects. The reversible bag is my favourite. Wickedly wonderful. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  69. That cat bag is adorable - clever to make it reversible.

    ReplyDelete
  70. The reversible purse is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Boo-tiful Halloween cutness...a lucky little girl will be sooo excited with her Halloween goodies. Thanks for sharing Jan...love the reversible bag...fun projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh my gosh! That purse is so fantastic! The fringe! The reversible cat side! And the tissue cover is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Jan, your bags are awesome, or should I say "wicked"? Love the styles you made nd the cat appliques!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh my gosh, your cat bags are wonderfully wicked!! I especially love the one with the cat on one side and the cat face on the other -- very cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment.

This post is the property of sewpeacetopeace.blogspot.com