
I sure don't know where the summer went, but it sure did fly by way too fast. Do you realize that Christmas is only 3.5 months away? Wowza.
Before I show my projects, I'd like to thank Madame Samm at Sew We Quilt for organizing this blog hop. She comes up with amazing ideas, for sure, including the Save the Riley Blake Gingham campaign. I'd also like to thank Shari at Living With Purpose for being our cheerleader. Last, but not least, I'd also like to thank Riley Blake Designs not only for being a sponsor for this blog hop, but for saving their medium gingham. Hip Hip Hoorayyyyyyyy!
My first project is a tote (filled with a few groceries) which is perfect for shopping or a day at the beach. I used The Tote & Go Pattern by Lyle Enterprises. The lower portion of the bag was made with plastic screen which can be found in your local hardware store which is sold as Pet Resistant Screen.
Next up is a pair of slippers I'll use after getting out of the shower. The pattern is Log Cabin Slippers which can be found at http://www.interweavestore.com. Instead of making the log cabin for the top of the slippers, I used Riley Blake's yellow gingham and their orange gingham for the trim and the flower embellishment. The yellow portion is straight-line quilted ... it doesn't show up in the picture. The pattern said to use linen for the sole of the slipper, but I used fleece which makes them comfy and cozy. When I make them again, the pattern will be adjusted to make them a little narrower. They do run wide if made according to the pattern.
Last but not least is another version of my Tissue Box Cover Pattern which can be found HERE. I used the basic pattern adding prairie points, navy and red ric rac, and red and white gingham buttons for the embellishment.
All three of my projects together.
Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my projects. Now it's time to visit the rest of the talented participants.
Friday, September 12
Until next time ...
Peace,
Jan




That lime fabric looks so yummy! Love that bag! Your slippers are adorable, gingham makes such beautiful flowers! And your tissue box cover is looking good too!
ReplyDeleteWhat great projects! Your bag makes me want to tear my screens off the windows, lol! Your slippers and tissue cover are sew cute. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love all your projects, the slippers look really comfortable. Strong shopping bags are a must in this house. The gingham is very effective on the tissue box cover.
ReplyDeleteLovely projects; I especially like the lime shopping bag.
ReplyDeleteFabulous - I especially like the tote!!
ReplyDeletesuch lovely pieces!! each one is just sweet
ReplyDeleteVery nice. The slippers look so comfy. Very nice. My mother carries a nice hand made bag when she goes for a walk and stops at the grocery on her way home .Very nice. Thanks fire sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat projects. The bag is perfect for the beach with the pet resistant screen in the bottom. I would never have thought of something like that. That would make a wonderful grocery bag, too, with many stores going to requiring folks to take their own. It would be perfect for things that might leave strays, like fresh vegetables, etc. The slippers are adorable. My first thought was for my daughter. I'm glad you said they run wide, she had NARROW feet. The tissue box cover is adorable. I love gingham. It is always clean and classy. Thanks for participating and sharing a snippet of your summer.
ReplyDeleteYour tote looks so useful! I love the lime fabric you chose! The slippers are wonderful! What a great gift those would make! The tissue box cover is also really nice! I love the design!
ReplyDeleteJan these are wonderful projects all and I'm not sure I could choose a favorite. I love the bag - I made one with hardware cloth several years ago but ended up giving it away so I need to make one for myself now. And those slippers - adorable! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteIt's like waking up in a garden..lots of beautiful colour, every piece perfect...love the green bag,,, the slippers soooo sweet and your tissue holder....at first I thought it was a square bag...then you said tissue box...yes perfect....really wonderful projects my sweet..
ReplyDeleteI like all your projects. I would never have thought use mesh on my totes. That`s a fantastic idea. The slippers, well wonderful. Thanks for sharing the links.
ReplyDeleteWonderful projects...I adore those gingham slippers!
ReplyDeleteJan, do me a favour...add the link to moose stash. it goes back to martinas... so we can find Joan as easily as we found you
ReplyDeleteGreat projects! I've never made slippers -- how cute! I need to try that some time, what a great gift! :)
ReplyDeleteSew sweet! Your creations are colorful and wonderfully done. I really like the bag idea with the screen on the bottom. Thank you for sharing your beautiful summer ... :) Pat
ReplyDeleteI ADORE THOSE SLIPPEES!!! They look so inviting even in our warm winters here in the south! All your projects are made so expertly...What a wonderful summer you have had!!! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLovely projects, so sweet and colorful.
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty and useful!! projects, great job :)
ReplyDeleteScreen on the bottom of the bag, you've got something there girl....how great that idea is for a beach bag ! Jimmy Buffet in Margaritaville would like that ....he could put his lost shaker of salt in it ! LOL Love those comfy looking slippers, fleece feels really good...comfy, comfy and warm.
ReplyDeleteThose are all great projects. The tote would make a wonderful beach bag too. Cute slippers.
ReplyDeleteSuch crisp and Beautiful Colored Projects! Your slippers are so sweet and such a smart idea too!! Thanks so much for sharing your summer projects with us!!
ReplyDeleteHuggs, Nancy
I love the bag and how you used the pet screen stuff...great idea! The slippers and tissue box are so cheery looking and really show off the gingham. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAll three of your projects are great. The colors are definitely summer, bright and cheery.I love the lime fabric. Had you gotten it recently and if so would you share where you purchased it. Really nice work, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAll three are great ideas. Love using the screen for the bottom of the bag. Your slippers look so inviting and are so summery. Your little flower embellishment just makes them smile. Gingham on the tissue box cover, perfect.
ReplyDeleteJan! I love those slippers! No more being grumpy in the mornings with those puppies on you feet! Lovely. The bag looks really handy too and the tissuebox is darling! Thank you for sharing your summer. And yes, mine was way to short too!
ReplyDeleteI love your slippers--a ray of sunshine for cold feet!!! Beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteOh, they are sweet! ! I love the slippers! You just gave me ideas for Christmas presents.
ReplyDeleteWhat cute projects. Those limes look good enough to eat. I thought that was what was in the bag at first since you said it was a grocery bag. :-)
ReplyDeleteJan, your projects are so adorable! I love them all, but the slippers are my favorite. I surely do need a pain of these. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love those slippers!
ReplyDeletePerfect way to use those fun gingham prints. Congrats on pick of the day.
ReplyDeleteYour slippers are delightful ! Thanks for sharing. Janita
ReplyDeleteThe gingham button is just toooo sweet! It works perfectly with your tissue cover. All of your embellishments added to a darling project. Love all the colors of gingham that you used in your projects.
ReplyDeleteAdorable tissue box!!! That button and the rickrack are perfect!! Cute slippers - may your toes never be cold!! You will be off to the shops or the beach in style with your fabulous bag!! So much creativity and thanks for letting us know where we can get patterns!
ReplyDeleteI love the grocery bag. Kinda neat going to the grocery store and turning heads with "fancy bags". The slippers are just too cute! I don't wear slippers but I might wear those if I had a pair. Lovely tissue box cover too. Would be perfect for my "americana" decor. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYour projects are just lovely! I have made a number of those totes and love them. They make great gifts. :-) I have never made slippers, or even had the urge to make them until I saw yours. Your fabrics are perfect for these. Thanks for sharing your creations and talents with us.
ReplyDeleteHi Jan! What a great idea for a beach bag! I am sooo going to copy that idea! I am also going to copy that idea for making a drainage bag for the leaves we pull out of the pool every day. You have to let all the water drain out and that is the perfect idea!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am a slipper girl. Yours are adorable! We have to copy those too....thanks :) mp
Those slippers are so over the top. Cute as can be. Neat tissue box cover. I like the pattern you used for the tote. I've made a few but my pattern has a fabric bottom and the mesh for the bag body. I use different colors of the mesh too. Fun goodies you made.
ReplyDeleteLove your slippers but then your bag is fabulous as well as the tissue box cover. So many great projects.
ReplyDeleteSuch cute projects and I especially love the slippers.
ReplyDeleteLove those slippers, great idea!
ReplyDeleteThe bag is very useful too, looks great.
Thanks for sharing.
Jan...I love the pet screening for bags...they make the best beach bags. The slippers would be perfect for me...I'm one of those with wide feet, the sweet little flower is perfect on the slippers..and the tissue box in gingham...the perfect fabric. Thanks for sharing your creativity and inspiring us to make such cute projects. Happy stitching, Pauline
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love the slippers. They are too cute. Great job on the tissue box cover. The tote is so cute and handy.
ReplyDeleteThose slippers make me smile. Love the bag and the tissue box cover as well. Great job!
ReplyDeleteVery cool projects! What a clever idea to make slippers and I love the fabric you chose for the bag. Great projects all three.
ReplyDeleteYou are so groovy! I love the slippers - cozy!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy all your projects, but I love your slippers! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete~Brandy
I just love the yellow and green gingham slippers and the the tissue box, and as always you never can give too many bags, it looks good enough to eat.
ReplyDeleteThe gingham slippers are adorable! The lime fabric is great for a tote bag. The mesh bottom is so practical! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWell done, Jan! I need to track down some of that pet screen material for a project I have in mind down the line. Wonder if Lowe's has it??? How clever are those slippers and tissue box cover!
ReplyDeleteHi Jan, I love the projects especially the slippers they are so cute for summer. Hugs, Susie x
ReplyDeleteJan, your slippers are top, I made some last year, but they were worn down soooo quickly by my kiddies that I had to stop sewing slippers nearly day and night, lol!
ReplyDeleteGreat summery projects, the slippers look so comfy.
ReplyDeleteJan, Your projects are just as cute as a button. I love the slippers and the use of pet screen on your bag is genius.
ReplyDelete