Welcome to the first Sew We Quilt blog hop of the year and what a great hop it's going to be. Before I show you what I created I'd like to thank Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt and Sew We Stitch. She is the creative genius behind all of the blog hops found on Sew We Quilt. A big thank you also goes out to Mary of I Piece 2-Mary for getting us all coordinated. It looked to me like she might have been a little busier than usual putting the schedule together.
The designers for this blog hop are Madame Samm who designed the fabulous Tammy Bag pattern; Brooke Nolan of Brookes Books Publishing who designed the beautiful cross-stitch patterns and Cori Blunt of Chitter Chatter Designs who designed the adorable Pinny patterns. Thank you all for creating the patterns. I know it takes a tremendous amount of time to turn an idea into a pattern.
I can't forget all of the wonderful the sponsors ... many thanks to MsAppleHeart, DMC, Yarn Tree, Readers, H. A. Kidd, Snap Source, and Beam n Read. So many sponsors, sure hope I didn't forget any.
It has been so fa-reakin' cold here this past week, wind chills reaching -30, that I didn't dare to venture outside to take pictures.
There were a few firsts here ... first blog hop of the year, I'm the first person on the schedule (yikes!) and this is my very first Tammy Bag. Gasp! I think I am the last person on earth who never made a Tammy Bag.
It's been at least 25 years since I did cross-stitching. Thanks to Madame Samm, the fire has been lit once again and I'm loving it.
Here are some of the supplies and notions I used to make my Tammy Bag and Pinny. My DMC Monaco fabric is loaded in my Q-Snap frame, ready for my next project which is the Summer cross-stitch pattern. I attached the Fall pattern I used so you can see what it looked like after I was finished. It's not pretty because of me marking it all up, but I did make a couple of minor design and color changes.
I must say that the Q-Snap frame is wonderful for cross-stitching. It really keeps the fabric tight, much better than using a plastic hoop, plus it's a breeze to attach the fabric to the frame and adjust the tension. The button magnet is a delight to use to attach the pattern right to the fabric you're working on. What a great idea! I have always used DMC's embroidery floss and needles. Love the sheen of the floss. The metal ring is perfect to put the bobbins of floss on for each project you're working on.
Here's the front of the Tammy Bag. The bag was much easier to make than I thought it would be, but the cross stitching took a while to complete.
Now for the back of the bag. I already had this fabric in my stash and thought it was perfect for the Fall cross-stitch and Pinny designs.
The Pinny was pretty easy to make and the perfect addition to the Tammy Bag.
For the back, I decided to eliminate the little pouch and just added the fleece. It's supposed to be a leaf shape, but when I stitched it to the back, I totally forgot to rotate it so the point of the leaf would face northeast so it would look more like a leaf. Oops! Now I think it just looks like a big smiling mouth. LOL Notice at the very top of the Pinny, the two brown vertical lines. Those lines are actually a piece of perle cotton, looped and attached to the Pinny so I can hang it from the clasp of the Tammy Bag. Once I'm finished using it on the outside, I can just swing it around to the inside, still attached to the clasp.
The final picture shows both the Tammy Bag and the Pinny together.
I hope you enjoyed your time here today. Please visit the other participants in today's blog hop ... I'm sure they're anxiously waiting for you to stop by. The full schedule is shown below.
January 9, 2015
January 12, 2015
January 13, 2015
Cheryl Wilkinson will post to Ipiece2-Mary
January 14, 2015
January 15, 2015
January 16, 2015
Julia Plunkett will post on Sewwequilt
January 19, 2015
January 20, 2015
Until next time,
Peace








Your Tammy Bag and Pinny are beautiful! The colors are my favorite. WOW that arctic blast has really covered a huge area, but I am west of it. Keep warm and thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWao, your Fall-Versions are beautiful, the colours are so bright, I love them. Next time, I will also take the Aida as the whole fabric for the frontside, it looks cleaner the way you did it, thank you. And niw I know that after finishing my spring pattern, I will start the fall one!
ReplyDeleteWow! Beautiful colours - love them!
ReplyDeleteAn adorable Tammy Bag with the great fall colors; great work!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely in those fall colours. Looks warm and beautiful.Great work!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! Love the tammy and the pinny! Well done!
ReplyDeleteVery Pretty. Love your leaf fabric. You are not the last to make a Tammy. My day is Monday and this is my first Tammy too. Great job!!
ReplyDeleteYou did a lovely job on your first bag. The fabrics are just perfect for it too. Great job.
ReplyDeleteSo, so pretty! I love the colors you used!
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful and so different from what most people do. Love the colours. Great job and thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat job and beautiful bag!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYour bag and pinny are beautiful - love the colours!
ReplyDeleteNice bag! No you aren't the last one to make a Tammy bag-I am! I so want to and haven't had the chance to yet! Lol vickise at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Jan....oh my how pretty...you did a fabulous job on all 3 patterns and your photos are so wonderful
ReplyDeleteYour bag and pinny turned out just perfect...love them both!
ReplyDeleteoh I love your Tammy and pinny...your stitching is gorgeous
ReplyDeleteJust love your bag...your x stitching is lovely and I really like the fabric you chose...just smashing with the pinny. So very pretty; congrats!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous idea to hang the pinnie! I'm going to copy your idea since I haven't quite finished mine. The fall colors are so pretty and I know you're going to love using this! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteWow! they are a beautiful set ,
ReplyDeleteinstitchesabdseams@hotmail.ca
Those pieces are georgeous! And sorry, you're not the last one to make a Tammy bag. I haven't made one yet, but it's cut out... does that count?
ReplyDeleteYour fabric choices are perfect for your projects! Your work is beautiful, too!
ReplyDeleteBravo!! I love your first of firsts!! The colours are perfect, the stitching divine, the resulting Tammy is charming! Welcome back to cross stitching ")
ReplyDeleteLovely! Pretty stitching and colors. Pat yourself on the back.
ReplyDeleteIt looks so cute! I love the colors you used for the apron with the autumn thoughts. The fabric is perfect too.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful job! Your bag and pinnie look wonderful together!!
ReplyDeleteLove where you took the colors. Great job all the way around.
ReplyDeleteJanarama what a beautiful bag!! I had to let you know you are not the last person... I've never made a clasp bag at all. I love the colors that you made your's out of. Thank You for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteTricia
Absolutely beautiful! I love the way the skirt turned out on the cross-stitch. What a fun fall bag!
ReplyDeleteI have been jumping on the band wagon of Tammy bags since they first came out, but this one I did not do, not a great cross-sticher. I just love the bag and the pinny. Just one question. What is a Pinny and what is it use for? Happy quilting
ReplyDeleteSew beautiful! Wonderful stitching. I love your choice of colors and fabrics. I have never attempted a clasp bag. Maybe someday ... thanks for the inspiration ... :) Pat
ReplyDeleteHey, Janarama - this is absolutely amazing - love the prints, and the bag looks so elegant with the autumn stitchery! Very cute pinnie - great idea to attach with a loop so you can tuck it inside the bag. Definitely a winner!
ReplyDeleteJan you did an amazing job on your Tammy!! I love how you did your pinny as well. Congratulations on being our WOWer today. You are a winner.
ReplyDeletenICELY STITCHED, LOVE YOUR COLORS AND PINNY!!! I chose the fall pattern as well.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Gmama Jane
Lovely stitching on your Tammy Bag. Congrats on being Madame Samm's pick of the day!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute pattern on the Tammy bag. Love the shape of that bag!
ReplyDeleteHi there Ms Janarama ! Your color palette is just perfect, great work !
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun fall fabric that matches your stitchery perfectly! Love it!
ReplyDeleteGreat job. I love the fabric you chose.It blends perfectly with the stitching. I bet that your first Tammy is not your last!
ReplyDeleteYour cross stitch looks beautiful and the Tammy bag is perfect. What a fun bag for you.
ReplyDeleteLove your Tammy Bag and the cross stitch. The penny is wonderful/ Well done. In this wicked cold weather, staying indoors and stitching is perfect. My plan for this week as well.
ReplyDeletecheers
maggie
Your bag turned out just beautiful! I love this season... and the colors are so warm and inviting. You did such a wonderful job on it. I love the way you designed your pinny with the loop. Great idea! Love that you can put it inside the bag! So glad you are staying warm inside! That is just too cold. ~Cori
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching! Love the colors you chose for the cross stitch and the bag.
ReplyDeletebeautiful job. love the colors
ReplyDeleteLove how you changed the colors up to suit you! Beautiful Tammy and Pinny,mine is in progress,so you are not the last to make a Tammy bag.
ReplyDeletebeautiful! I just love the colors you choose to use.
ReplyDeleteJan...your fabric choice is perfect!! I love how you changed the floss colors. Beautiful photos. Congrats on wowing us today!!
ReplyDeleteWell done. The fabric is just right for the bag. Stunning!
ReplyDeleteFirst, a beautiful job! Second, you are not the last person on earth to make a Tammy bag. I still have to make mine and post it later in the hop I'm still working on mine. Your fabric is perfect for the flosses you chose. Your stitching is magnificent. You did a magnificent job. What a great way to get the hop started!
ReplyDeleteThis blog hop is my first Tammy project too! I have mine ready to assemble but I'm chicken about cutting my beautiful cross stitch backing...
ReplyDeleteJanarama, This is delightful :) Fall is my favorite time of year. Once upon a time I did a lot of Cross stitch. Then I moved on to quilting. I still have projects that I would like to stitch up perhaps I should dig them out. New and old :) I have not made a tammy bag.... but it is hard not to think about making one with all the buzz about them. Everyone seems to love them :) Thanks for sharing. Janita
ReplyDeleteFantastic. You did a great job of personalizing this to suit your needs. Love the colors!!!
ReplyDeleteUnbelievably too cute!!
ReplyDeleteTanya
Wow! such beautiful creations! I love your colors and the bag is just outstanding!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful. And, a clever hanger for the pinny.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Your sweet stitching has me itching to make the other three patterns. Cute!!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty and I love the color choices.
ReplyDelete(((Jan))) LOVE LOVE LOVE! Your Tammy is GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for participating in this hop and for choosing one of my designs to stitch. I adore your colors and how you coordinated your pinny. The combo is smashing. Hope you have lots of fun with it this year. Happy Stitching, Brooke ; )
ReplyDeleteI truly love this bag and the matching pinnie. Your colors are so perfect for fall. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis is so lovely! The fabric is wonderful, and I like your idea of hanging the pinny on the cord. It's very practical and simple. When I first looked at the batting for the needles, I thought it was supposed to be a bird. That's a good symbol for the fall. Your stitching is beautiful, too.
ReplyDeleteGreat job with your bag and cross stitch! I love all the wonderful Fall colors!
ReplyDeleteI love that you chose your own colors!!!! What a fantastic job!!! Congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, the fabric you chose accents the pieces so well.
ReplyDeleteLove your Tammy and Pinny! You did such a great job!!
ReplyDeleteLove your projects! They are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove your fall Tammy! and the fabric to compliment for the back! The Pinny is sweet too...
ReplyDeletep.s. I have been locked out of google and could not comment until now unless I did anonymously, which I hate to do..
Your Tammy is so beautiful!! I like the shape of the needle holder on the pinny--great 'out of the box' thinking.
ReplyDeleteLove your bag and pinny. Very clever idea! The cross stitch is very nice and gives the bag a vintage look.
ReplyDeleteJan, this is a whole lot of amazing in one post! I really love your bag and pinny and the wonderful autumn palette!
ReplyDelete