Header Picture

Header Picture

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Think Rrrrrrrrruffles

Today is my day to share my rrrrrrrrrrrrrruffles.  Before I do, I'd like to thank Madame Samm for hosting and Amy for being our cheerleader. 

There is only one day left and I'll be sad to see it come to an end. There have been some awesome projects and a few ideas I put on my "list" of things I want to do.

My first project is a pillowcase that almost wasn't.  The day I sat down to make it, I guess I shouldn't have even tried. Such a simple project, but I ended up using my seam ripper A LOT.  Well, I left it alone for a couple of days and finally managed to finally finish it. YAY!!!



 


A couple of years ago I bought some polar fleece socks at Costco.  During the cold months, I wear them all the time when I'm at home.  This year they started to look a little shabby so when the ruffle blog hop was announced, I decided to find a pattern and make a pair with rrrrrrrrrrruffles.


Yes they look huge, but that's because I wear a size 11 shoe.  : )  The socks look much better on my feet but it's really hard to get good pictures that way. Believe me, I tried.



Thank you for stopping by to see my rrrrrrrrrruffled projects.  Now it's time to step on over to see what the other ladies made with rrrrrrrrrruffles today.

March 13th


Until next time, Peace


52 comments:

  1. I sew love your polar fleece socks! They look so comfy and warm. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew Cute and the socks are to die for... Love IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pillowcase. I need to make a pillowcase for a quilt I want to enter in our guild show. I wanted to make the border from some of the scraps of the quilt. I'll see what I do. I love the ruffles on the socks. I laughed when you said they look huge! My first husband was 6' 7" and wore a 13 AAA shoe. We'd take the children shoe shopping. My daughter has skinny feet and the clerk would look at my feet and comment that it was obvious where she got her narrow feet. If the clerk only knew! My oldest grandson is 8 and his feet are bigger than mine - I wear a size 6. Thankfully for those who wear larger size shoes, it is not as difficult to find in-style shoes as it used to be. I'm thinking a pair of fleece socks with ruffles might be in my adult daughter's future. Thanks for participating and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ruffled socks are cute, and the little monkey is just a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never, ever have thought to put ruffles on socks! They look cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha...love your sock monkey socks! The additional of the ruffle is sew very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your monkey socks are too cute and the fabric used for the pillow case is VERY pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pillow case, and those socks really tickled me. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the socks .. .they look a lot harder then the pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol those socks are a hoot; and the pillow case turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Jan, yes my dear your slips on are double the size of mine…I only wear a size 5.5 shoe….and your ruffled pillow case was worth your effort very pretty…
    now I was sure you would be making a tissue box cover with ruffles lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Sock Monkeys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty pillow case and those monkey socks are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The monkey socks look sooo warm, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I laughed out loud at your socks! I love, love them - and I have a friend who has a monkey (a real one!) who would love them too. I'm going to forward this link to her. :) I also like the fabric you used on your pillowcase - great floral. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your socks are just too cute and I can only imagine you trying to take that picture with them on your feet. It made me laugh! Nice pillowcase too. Glad you stuck with it. I'm tempted to just pitch something if I have to do a lot of ripping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute on the socks! Your pillowcase turned out cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That pillowcase is so cute and those socks are just the best! I do love monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those sock monkey socks are adorable!!!! I have always enjoyed ruffles on pillowcases and yours looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The socks are a real winner, we will all want some now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pillowcases are so YOU! Bright and cheery! :-) Sock Monkey socks...now those are just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh boy - I HAVE to make me some sock monkey socks! Those are just too cute! I love fleece socks.
    Your pillow case is just adorable too! Thank you for sharing!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pillowcase! It was worth your trouble, I think!
    I also love those fleece socks with the ruffled top! How adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love love your monkey socks! So cute! Your ruffled pillowcase turned out great! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pillow cases are sweet. I truly like your idea with the flees socks. That is a great was to set them off.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm sorry you had troubles with the pillowcase. Sometimes life just throws us curves or is that ruffles? It ended up really cute, though. I laughed at the socks particularly because of the monkey fabric. I think fleece socks are the warmest in the winter - I should try to make some, too. Love the ruffles!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely fabric you used for your pillow and your fleece are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those socks look so comfy! I think I need a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your socks made me giggle! The ruffles are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad you persevered with the pillow case. I've had those projects where everything seems go wrong, I throw it in a corner, and the next time I pick it up I wonder what the problem was. And I absolutely adore those socks. Should make myself several pairs. Maybe before next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing!! Those socks look super comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm laughing when you say they are huge. Blame it on the camera. I think they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I too, agree about the camera idea!!! lol The socks are xcozy & warm..and soooo Fun!!! Love them!!! (so does the lil' monkey!)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the socks, and the pillowcase is lovely. Great fabric.
    cheers
    maggie

    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. So cute -- I really want to try a pillowcase now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ruffles are Fabric Smiling and your pillowcase and Monkey socks are too cute. Thank you sew very much for Hopping...

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love to make pillowcases and yours are so pretty. The socks look so cozy and the ruffle is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your pillowcase is very pretty! I love making pillowcases too. And the fleece sock monkey socks are so much fun (and just my size). I always have cold feet in the winter so I should make some fleece socks too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What lovely fabric that you used for your pillow case! My fav has got to be your monkey fleece socks. Cute and coziness topped off with a ruffle, hard to go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your pillow case is adorable, but I am in love with those sock. I would love to have a pair just like that fun and warm. Great idea to make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love those socks. With the type of winter we had I need to make me at least 7 pair.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your projects make me smile. Those socks look so warm and cozy. The pillow case is lovely and so feminine. I would love one on my bed, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely, the first time I have seen socks on this blog hop:)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Now THAT is so Original!!! The socks are darling!!! And the pillow case just lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What fun polar fleece socks and pretty pillow case!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you for sharing. I thought of putting ruffles on socks, but decided, no. I have looked for a fleece sock pattern, was this one hard to make? The pillowcase is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  47. So fun with ruffles on the fleece socks and your pillow case is so cute. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love your slippers, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you for the helpful comment on my blog! Those socks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Janarama... This is all sew cute! But mostly I am getting a kick out of the way you say rrrrrrrrrrrrruffles!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment.

This post is the property of sewpeacetopeace.blogspot.com