Header Picture

Header Picture

Monday, November 18, 2013

Grab Your Tie and Let's Boogie!

Welcome to day one of the Black Tie Boogie blog hop!  Before I show you what I made, I'd like to thank Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt for coming up with another brilliant idea for a blog hop and cheering us on.  A thank you is also in order for Vickie at More Stars in Comanche for getting us all organized and also cheering us on.  Thank you Red Rooster Fabric (our sponsor) for the awesome giveaways.

For the life of me, when Madame Samm announced this blog hop, I couldn't figure out why it was being called "Black Tie Boogie".  Why in the world would she call it that when we're supposed to be creating something using the theme of roosters, chicks, turkeys and hens?  I mean, come on now, weren't you thinking the same thing?  I couldn't have been the only one, so fess up buckos.  ; )  But then I finally went to Red Rooster's website.  Lo and behold, the name of the fabric line is Black Tie Boogie.  Well I'll be darned ... makes complete sense to me now.  ; )

My project today is another variation of my original tissue box cover pattern (which can be found here on Craftsy).  The original pattern is very versatile ... you're only limited by your imagination. 


This was the first time I made a dresden ... well half a dresden.  Was pretty easy and I'll be doing that again.  Since this is a black tie event, Mr. Tomas T. Turkey insisted on wearing a tie.  He thinks he has a chance to be on the cover of GQ magazine.  BAER  (big as_ butt eye roll).  ; )

The weather here in Illinois on Sunday was disasterous, to say the least.  Coal City is only 40 miles south of where I live.  I can't imagine what those people are going through.  I was hunkered down and saying a lot of prayers.  It was raining sideways!  Scared the beejeebers out of me.  Continued prayers to all affected by the horrific storms.

There will be fabulous creations today and during the entire hop, so please make sure you stop by their blogs and cheer them on.

Black Tie Boogie Schedule 
November 19
November 20
November 21

November 22
November 25
November 26
November 27
November 28
Peace, 
Jan

81 comments:

  1. Love the dresden tail on Mr Tom - glad you were not severally harmed by that horrible weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mr. Turkey would be the talk of the gathering at my family's Thanksgiving dinner were he to arrive! Very popular indeed. This is such a creative idea, I love it!
    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Tom is as cute as a button! Glad you were not involved in the storms, prayers to those who were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect timing to make a turkey wearing a black tie ! Super cute !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!!It is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ideas of having tissue holders for special holidays! Your turkey is fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so I'm the other person who was asking the same question, why black tie boogie? hehe. Thanks for clearing that up! You did a wonderful job! He looks great and his feathers (dresdens) are standing tall and colorful. Tissue covers are a nice way to add some cute decorations. Thanks for sharing, super job! Sending prayers as well to those there.

    usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I love your Mr. Turkey, he looks so stylish, also with his beautiful feathers!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute tissue box...Loving Mr. Tom. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's a cutie and his black tie is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tissue cover is such fun. The Dresden feathers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable. He will be the talk of the day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that turkey with the dresden feathers! And having a covered tissue box for a body - perfect for when you get the sniffles. Thanks for sharing your creativity today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhhhhhhhh..lol; I just love that project!! the tie just made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jan, another adorable tissue box. Thanks for sharing a great project and explaining the name of the hop. I live in "tornado alley." One of my grandson's other grandmother lived around the corner from the school in Moore, OK where the children died earlier this year. I've had two tornadoes touch down 1.5 miles from my house. I was in my closet under my stairs and had two different people call me to tell me that a tornado was about 1/8 to 1/4 mi from my house. The TV station I was listening to didn't give that information. AND the two people called on my home phone not my cell phone. So, not knowing this, I got out of the closet to answer the phone. I am relieved that you are ok. I am praying for the people affected. You think this happens to someone else until ...

    Thanks for participating and sharing your adorable project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see the black tie….yes I do…you really flew with this one..totally cute .. been thinking about you all…we certainly don't be safe anywhere anymore..our winds were over 100 km….really scared us too..glad you are fine...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your tissue box cover! We have one in our bath... maybe I should get creative and cover it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so cute! I love his black tie and that tail....wow! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Dresden's are great..Mr Tom Turkey is so cute and I know just what he is saying, "Think Ham everyone"!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I understand about the weather on sunday. I live just south of morganfield ky and had just left church in nortonville ky where a tornado hit. babscorbitt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute. I have seen him somewhere's before and didn't realize it was a kleenex box. Nice to have finally slowed down so I can get a better look at things. Glad everything went so well for you with the rain. It is so sad to loose everything. My mother n law just lost her home to a fire in August. We have her almost ready to move into her new home. Thanks for showing us your work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute, Jan. Thomas is certainly dressed for anything that may come his way.Who knows? He just may find himself on the front of some magazine. Thank you for sharing.
    I am glad you were safe where you live.Terrible tornados that went through. We have been having such strange weather lately.You just never know what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your dresden turkey!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute tissue box cover and I love the black tie. Glad that you are safe. Nature's fury can be the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Apparently my imagination is limited. I would have never dreamed... Guess I need to put my dreaming glasses on, this pattern is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your tissue cover is just so cute...love that Dresden turkey! Glad you're safe from those horrible storms!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute tissue cover with the Dresden feathers and the black tie looks really good on Tomas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mr. Turkey looks very dapper in his Black Tie Boogie. Thanks for hopping. Prayers and Healing Energy to all affected by the horrific tornadoes. Thankful you are safe. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun tissue cover. I have a cold and have gone through a whole box of tissue. (sigh) At least this would have had me smiling when I grabbed a tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute turkey. I was wondering what the black tie hop would be too. I was surprised at the chickens etc but happy to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super cute! Congrats on being one of the chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ha ha. GQ! Sure, he's all dressed in dresden. Great idead--good work on the dresden. Glad you weathered the out of season disastrous storm.

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is so adorable he will be the life of the party so glad you are ok with the storm we live in Illinois also Chicago suburbs and it was not nice sunday

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like Thomas's tie. Very fun project. Glad you are safe with those horrible storms so close.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like Thomas's tie. Very fun project. Glad you are safe with those horrible storms so close.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks great. Thanks for sharing. Boogie On. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a darling and good looking Mr. Turkey! Great job!

    missmoozie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very nice tissue cover and perfect for Thanksgiving. You dressed him up nicely. What crazy weather for November. Glad you are all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey Mr Turkey - looking good with your tie! and tail feathers flying!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the tissue box. Such a fun holiday addition.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your Tom Turkey is looking very stylish in his tie! It's a great pattern! I'm glad you made it through the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  42. how cute is that??? Really really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Me, too, I'm praying for them all. We had rain here in IA but not the terrible storms. I am glad you stayed safe. Lovely Tom Turkey...he has the most gorgeous tail feathers and his tie is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The turkey is adorable. I wish that I had your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is the cutest little turkey tissue box! Glad to hear you weathered the storm ok and hope everything stays safe!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Mr Thomas T Turkey is dress for the party...he is handsome indeed. Glad you were safe on Sunday. Her in Canton Michigan we reach wind gusts of 70 mph...our neighbours lost some siding...we were OK...no damage. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your evening.!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Too cute turkey! Sure is a great way to dress up a kleenex box! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mr Thomas T Turkey can come live at my house anytime! Sew cute.
    Glad you survived the storm Watching the weather channel, my heart goes out to all those affected.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm a huge Dresden fan and I love how you have used it on your terrific turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a fun way to use a Dresden! I haven't tried one yet, but it's on my list! Adorable turkey!
    ~Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh your turkey is perfect, Jan! Love the tie. Really great dresden turkey feathers. Boogie on!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Perfectly wonderful idea! I want to make one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a cute kleenex box! I'm from IL too. Our best friends live in Washington, IL. Their old neighborhood was destroyed. Thank goodness they chose to move a couple of years ago! Prayers for all those touched by the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  54. That is wonderful!!! I want to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Jan,
    Your turkey design is quite clever! I just love how you did the tail! So talented and be safe too.
    Happy sewing!
    Dawn
    array-dawn at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  56. Pretty fancy turkey. The black tie is just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your turkey is definitely GQ! And your dresden is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow! Now that Turkey is all dressed up, so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Your turkey is adorable. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  60. Too cute! Makes a person want to "pluck" a tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Super cute! I love his Dresden tail feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks for sharing your cute creation.
    I am in Wisconsin with friends down in the tornado areas. I am glad to hear you came through all safely.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a wonderful idea! He is sew cute!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Lol - I love the Black Tie - makes him look so handsome and so ready for the holidays. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a joy filled holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I am so incredibly late getting around for this hop---on deadline, 3 must get done soon items---but now that I am on the binding I hope to check in on all of you! Clever idea for the seasonal tom turkey tissue cover! The tornadoes? My husband's step granddaughter lives about 2 blocks away from the worst devastation in Washington. She is fine but others in the area were not as fortunate. Having seen what that looks like here in Alabama even a couple years later, it is just sad.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Bought the pattern on craftsy! Can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment.

This post is the property of sewpeacetopeace.blogspot.com