Plus 2 extra days - January 20 and 21
Panic set in Monday morning when I woke up to a computer problem. ACK!!!!!!!! My post wasn't written and I didn't want to be a no show for the Kona blog hop. There's never a good time to have computer problems but the problem could have waited until tomorrow. Fortunately I was able to repair the problem, but it took a while. Hopefully this taught me a lesson to not wait until the last minute to write my blog hop posts. BWAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA!
Kudos to Madame Samm (Sew We Quilt) and Carol (Just Let Me Quilt) for everything they did and are doing behind the scenes to make the Wake Up to Kona Blog Hop successful. Thank you to the sponsors Amanda Murphy, Robert Kaufman Kona, and Aurifil.
I had a heck of a time coming up with something to make just using Kona solids. It really was harder than I thought it would be. Then, lo and behold, one morning while drinking my coffee it hit me smack dab in the middle of my head. BAM!
Here is the inspiration for my creation.
Almost every morning for many years this mug has been filled with some hot coffee. This was a gift from a woman I used to work with. Some of the people I worked with called me "Sunshine" so this was/is a perfect mug for me.
My idea was to make a mug rug to match my mug. My project may be small, but it's something I haven't made before and will be quite useful.
Using three shades of blue Kona, I did the quilt-as-you-go method to make the background and fell in love with the process. This is something I haven't tried before and would love to make a larger project using this method.
Now how about a little giveaway. A charm pack of Eat Your Fruits n' Veggies.
To be eligible to win just leave a comment. For a second chance to win, leave me another comment telling me how you follow my blog ... either Google Friends Connect or email. Easy peasy. Enter by midnight on January 22. The winner will be contacted via email on January 23. Good luck!
Thank you for stopping by to see what I made using Kona solids. Here's the list of the rest of the hoppers for today.
January
14
Until next time, Peace.
I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. If you don't hear back from me, you are a no-reply blogger. I always reply to people who leave me a comment, unless you are set up as a no-reply blogger.





Oh how clever and it matches your cup PERFECTLY! I have wanted to try one of those quilt as you go patterns but not taken the time. A mug rug is the perfect project to try it out on! Thanks for joining in on the hop and sharing your talents!
ReplyDeleteI am a new google friend follower! Let's get your following up there :)
ReplyDeletePerfect mug rug for your sunny cup! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI follow GFC!
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug looks sew sweet with your sunny cup! I am inspired! A mug rug is something I have never made yet and neither have I used the quilt as you go method. But I know what I am doing tomorrow.... Now! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug will be used and it is cute and match!
ReplyDeleteI follow GFC
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea - a cheerful way to start the day :-)
ReplyDeleteGood morning Sunshine! Well, we could need some sunshine here in Switzerland, it is raining and bitter cold, baaaaaaah!
ReplyDeleteNice mugrug, you must be singing every day drinking you coffee :-))
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe mug rug is too cute!
ReplyDeleteWunderschön dieser mug rug
ReplyDeleteI love your mug rug. It definitely compliments the mug
ReplyDeleteThe mug rug and the mug look so good together!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I love your mug rug...beautiful colors! Blessings, Marlene
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is adorable! Love the sunrise!
ReplyDeleteYour mugrug matches your mug so perfect! You made a beautiful mugrug for a beautiful mug!
ReplyDeleteYour mugrug matches your mug so perfect! You made a beautiful mugrug for a beautiful mug!
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect! I love matching things and it will make you happy every day to use them together. Thanks for a fun giveaway too.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Sew happy too. It matches your mug perfectly.
ReplyDeleteI follow with GFC.
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is really a kick in this gray January day. I love it, it has put a big smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your creativity and being part of this hop.
I love your mug rug, a cute and easy project. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHi, Janarama. That is an awesome mug rug. Love the improv piecing of the strips in the background and the rays!!! that is SO CLEVER to stitch them in. This is one of the cutest sun blocks I've ever seen, honest! Kudos to you.
ReplyDeleteLove this little mug rug. These two pieces were made for each other! The colours in both are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh, and following with GFC :)
ReplyDeleteJanarama, I love your mug rug. It reminds me of an embroidery design I just purchased. I have the Pat Sloan pattern that goes with that fabric. Thanks for the chance
ReplyDeleteI follow with gfc
ReplyDeleteA lovely mug and a beautiful mini quilt to go with it -- love it!
ReplyDeleteThat's a cheery set to wake up to! Your mug rug is lovely.
ReplyDeleteYes sunshine is needed today…now you know what surprised me most of allllll? a tissue box …..lol
ReplyDeleteI love making those little mug rugs and yours is so cute. Works wonderfully with your mug. Great idea for the rays of the sun too.
ReplyDeleteI follow you through google friends.
ReplyDeleteThats really cute, you did a perfect job.
ReplyDeleteLike your quilt! Coming up with a design on demand can be stressful, but you aced it!
ReplyDeleteCute, and clever!!
ReplyDeleteVery nice!! A perfect companion to your mug :)
ReplyDeleteGFC follower here
ReplyDeleteLove your little mug rug and mini-so bright and cheery. I guess computer glitches are a fact of modern life. We all experience them at one time or another. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteadorable mug rug to match the MUG :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute mug rug....thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Love the blues and the vibrant yellow!
ReplyDeleteAm a new follower
ReplyDeleteGreat way to celebrate the morning. Love the bright colors of your mug rug. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteGreat way to celebrate the morning. Love the bright colors of your mug rug. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is a perfect match to your coffee mug! What a nice way to enjoy a morning cup! Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteBright and happy. I might actually wake up in the morning if I had that beauty to look at. I like that you tried something new for the hop. It is inspiring and encourages others to try new things. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the new year.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about computer problems. My crashed Sunday night and went completely blank. All I thought about how was I going to post my project Friday when I could not get to town to Thursday to take it in. But I shut it down took the battery out and amazing enough it started the next morning. I think it hated me pushing its buttons. Was trying to find my curser. Love your mug rug. I like some projects that you quilt as you go. I bought a runner book called My Runners that are made that way. It has some great projects that work up quickly. Thanks for the chance to win
ReplyDeleteLove your mug rug. I like some projects that you quilt as you go
ReplyDeleteI follow GFC!
ReplyDeleteCute mug mat. I love the coordinating cup of inspiration.
ReplyDeleteJust started following you by email.
ReplyDeleteI love your mug run. I am usually a morning person, too. I just made my first mug rug ever but It didn't occur to me to coordinate it with a mug! GREAT idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great little mug rug! It is perfect for your mug!
ReplyDeleteLove your mug rug! So bright and pleasing to look at. Love the blues and love Kona cotton!
ReplyDeleteI love your mug rug, so bright and cheerful. I grew up in a small community called, "Sunshine".
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower via Google friend connect.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Sunshine! What a fantastic mini :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the chance.
Of course I follow you through GFC :)
ReplyDeletePerfect mug rug to go with your morning coffee. Great job on both firsts.
ReplyDeleteI love your sun. So very cute and *just* what you need with that first cup of coffee! Nice work.
ReplyDeleteSo cute and cheery! I love your use of Kona's for this sweet mug rug! Thanks for hopping with us!
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy mug rug to wake up to every morning!
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug matches your mug perfectly. It must be wonderful to start each day with a cup a java from such a cheery cup. Thanks for sharing and for offering a giveaway.
ReplyDeleteI follow by email.
ReplyDeleteI love your little ray of sunshine. A very nice way to start your day.
ReplyDeleteLove your mug rug and it sooo matches you cup!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to wake up and drink the coffee! LOL! Glad your computer problems are resolved. I have having a heck of a time getting photos to load on blogger and had to download Firefox the other day to do so! ARrrrgh
ReplyDeleteI am a new email follower! sewingblogsarefun@yahoo.com
ReplyDeletePerfect for this blog hop! lol Thanks for sharing. vickise at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect idea to coordinate a mug rug with a mug! What a compliment that you are nicknamed 'Sunshine.' svonfumetti at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteWell done! Congratulations in being in top 2 today. I have been following you since you began! Great job.
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is Delightful in these solid colors! Perfect match for your mug! I love the yellow embroidery rays!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!
Susie
legato1958@aol.com
It's a perfect match with a huge impact ! LOve, love love it !
ReplyDeleteI'm following you too.
ReplyDeleteLove matching your mug with a new gorgeous mug rug! As soon as the snow stops falling, I am off to the store to find my inspiration mug!
ReplyDeleteLove the mug rug! Perfect friend for your mug:) Great job!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute and matches the mug perfectly.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. I have a favorite mug that was given to me...I love how you made a bug rug to match.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely project and it fits your mug to a T! Thanks for hopping along! pbstrand@msn.com
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! That would brighten up the day with all it's sunny colors!
ReplyDeleteIt's very cheerful! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete~Brandy
Good Morning, Sunshine! I love your mug rug and mug. My kind of colors. I really like the way you used the yellow top stitched thread to make the rays of the sun. I am going to have to remember that one. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat
ReplyDeleteI am following you! Great giveaway! Thanks for the chance to win ... :) Pat
ReplyDeleteI am loving you via email.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great mug rug! I love the inspiration, too! I adore how you did the rays of the sun. That is awesome. Blue is my favorite color and I don't think you can ever go wrong with a blue and yellow combination. Thanks for participating and inspiring all of us to try quilt as you go, also.
ReplyDeleteLove the bright colours.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful and cheerful mug rug!
ReplyDeleteI love that you showed your inspiration for the piece, along with the picture of the mug rug. I always like to know those things! Thanks for the giveaway chance.
ReplyDeletedezertsuz at gmail
love your mug and your mug rug is a perfect compliment to it. You did a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLove the cheerful mug rug!
ReplyDeletevery nice colours
ReplyDeleteI follow by e-mail.
ReplyDeleteI follow by e-mail.
ReplyDeleteI love the mug inspired mat, what a brilliant idea and beautifully executed!
ReplyDeleteI love your matching mug and rug!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea!!
What an adorable Mug Rug! I love anything with suns in them. :)
ReplyDeleteI love both the mug & your mug rug! Great job. I love having mugs & change them out for different seasons. I follow you on Google. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteOh what a clever idea! I'm going to have to make a mug rug. I have seen some really clever ones. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI follow with Google. I can't wait to see what is to come.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea...make the mug rug match a favorite mug! Love it. Happy New Year from Oklahoma, USA. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com
ReplyDeleteI am happy to follow you on GFC and e-mail. Happy New Year from Oklahoma, USA. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com
ReplyDeleteLove the mug and love the mug rug it goes so well together.....it must make you smile every morning....
ReplyDeleteI follow with google....
ReplyDeleteThey call me sunshine at work too! I call my nephew my sunshine boy as well, so of course I am LOVING your mug rug! I love the blues that you chose for the sky with that yellow! I love it
ReplyDeleteHow cheery!
ReplyDeleteVery nice mug mat! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat's so neat! It's fun to make mug rugs to match fun and interesting mugs. You did a great job.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the drawing opportunity! I have not seen these charms...they'd be perfect for placemats that I am wanting to make!
ReplyDeleteLove the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Some days lately, it would help to have a reminder of what the sun looks like, lol. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely mug rug and it will certainly brighten your mornings! Like the touch of thread work.
ReplyDeleteCute mug rug - thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteJust want to tell you that you're genius for creating that mug rug. That's one of my favorite color combos!
ReplyDeleteThat is really cute. Matches your cup!! Thank you for sharing...
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower by e-mail.
ReplyDeleteLove the colors on the opposite sides of the color used together! Great job!
ReplyDeleteYour coffee mug inspiration for your mug rug is brilliant! Thank you for hopping...
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Love that it matches.
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is so beautiful. It makes me warm.
ReplyDeleteI follow by email. Love your blog.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the mug rug-beautiful colors.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Peggy
Peggy_verdongibbs@att.net
I'm a new GFC follower.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Peggy
Peggy_verdongibbs@att.net
marvelous! love your mug rug! so glad kona solids have all those colors ... you can always get the perfect match!
ReplyDeleteI love getting my inspiration from those familiar things around us! Your mug rug turned out great... It would make me smile at tea time!!!
ReplyDeleteI am now following you via email!! Looking forward to your future posts!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet mug rug. What a great inspiration from your beautiful mug. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet mug rug; I love it. The colors are gorgeous (Kona makes the best colors!) and I love how you thread painted the rays of the sun. Eating my fruits and veggies is high on my list of 'Things to Improve in 2014" so your giveaway made me smile.
ReplyDeleteI follow with GFC and Feedly.
ReplyDeleteMug rugs are the perfect size for trying out new sewing techniques Your mug rug turned out so bright and cherry! Thanks for sharing your sunshine with us :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun mug rug!!! Love your design…thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea...matches your Mug perfectly!! Grrrrrrreat job!!!
ReplyDeleteAm following thru GFC too! :)
ReplyDeleteCute project, sunshine with a cup of coffee, just what everyone needs!!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog via google.
ReplyDeleteI love that mug rug! What a fun way to wake up on a gray day. your mug rug and that great mug!
ReplyDeleteCheers
maggie
maggiemine42@gmail.com
I am a follower of your blog.
ReplyDeletecheers
maggie
maggiemine42@gmail.com
Very pretty. Love how the rug matches the rug perfectly.
ReplyDeleteOh what a great mug and your mug rug is just perfect. Great idea.
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea to make a mug rug that matches your mug. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeletefollowing by GFC
ReplyDeleteLove this blog hop, thanks
ReplyDeleteFollow by e mail
ReplyDeleteCute mug rug and very cheery.
ReplyDeleteLove your mug rug just very sunny like a happy day.
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog by email.
ReplyDeleteI love this and I love mug rugs! They are so much fun to make.
ReplyDeleteShirleyC
www.prayersformymom.blogspot.com
Following on GFC
ReplyDeleteShirleyC
www.prayersformymom.blogspot.com
what a great mug rug
ReplyDeleteI follow GFC
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is perfect for your mug! Like a dynamic duo! I am going to sign up through e-mail to receive your blog. This Kona hop has been so much fun so far. Very inspiring.
ReplyDeleteI think it's so cute how the mug rug matches the cup! That charm pack would probably make a nice mug rug, too. Thanks for joining the hop!
ReplyDeleteI've got your blog in GFC and Feedly.
ReplyDeleteCute mug rug. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThe mug rug matches perfectly. A great gift idea for coffee and tea lovers alike!
ReplyDeleteHi Janaram! You did a great job. The first time I looked at the little quilt, I thought you had stamped yellow ink on it to make the sunrays. Now, looking at a closeup, I see that it was quilting! Fantastic.What a great little mug rug to get us through the winter!
ReplyDeleteGreat, gorgeous, beautiful!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the little mug rug! Your top stitching is great! I wish I was that consistent.
ReplyDeleteVery clever! Love the sun rays done with thread.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing where inspiration can come from out of the blue. You did a wonderful job on the mug rug.
ReplyDeleteI love your quilt, especially how you quilted the points on the sun.
ReplyDeleteI love how you used the yellow thread to make the rays of the sun - just perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your mug rug. The sun's rays are terrific.
ReplyDeletexo jan
Like that mug rug! How nice to wake up on a dark dreary winter morning and have that bit of sunshine with you. I think the coffee would taste better.
ReplyDeleteI love your happy sun! I also love veggies!
ReplyDeletelove your mug rug. nice
ReplyDeleteoh I forgot. I'm follower of your blog
ReplyDeleteThat is PERFECT!! Great idea!!
ReplyDeleteI just love the mug rugs and the colors that you used! Great idea and thanks for sharing your talents with us!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sewing,
Dawn
array-dawn at cox dot net
I follow you through Google (blogger)!
ReplyDeleteDawn
array-dawn at cox dot net
Lovely! Now your pretty mug has the perfect partner to start your day. ;o) Great quilt as you go idea and lovely in Kona.
ReplyDeleteGreat mug rug; sunrises are so colorful.
ReplyDeletegfc follower: nicolesender
ReplyDeleteHow yummy! You definitely have inspired me to make some rug mugs. Now, if only I could find as cute a mug as yours. =) Hmmm... -- soparkaveataoldotcom
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower by email. -- soparkaveataoldotcom
ReplyDeleteCute mug rug. I have wanted to get a cute coffee mug and then make a mug rug to match it. I haven't yet. Someday!
ReplyDeleteLove your mug rug. Jan 22 is my birthday, and this charm pack would be a great little present!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win!
wigglypup2(at)yahoo(dot)com
I am a happy follower by e-mail. Thanks for the chance to win!
ReplyDeletelovely mug rug!
ReplyDeleteI love your tie dyed background!
ReplyDeletejachelno(at)gmail(dot)com
Eat your veggies! Yep! My diabetic diatition says so, my Fybromyalsia and RA doctor says so, my body says so, but my mind says SEW with the veggies from Moda Fabric and Pat Sloan! midwayfarms@hughes.net
ReplyDeleteHow cute! It's so neat to see where people get inspiration! I'm still fairly novice at quilting and am just not creative enough to design myself! I love using patterns! But, it's fun to see that I can start small! I might try that this week!
ReplyDeleteLove your mug and mug rug...must put a smile on your face every morning!
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI am following you via email.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful mug rug! Well done!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your mug rug!
ReplyDeleteFollowing via GFC. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute mug rug. It perfectly matches you adorable coffee cup. Thanks for the chance.
ReplyDeleteI follow you via email.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome mug rug - how nice to have a bright ray of sunshine on this gloomy winter days! Thanks for the give away! jacklynnsteven at netzero dot com
ReplyDelete