Header Picture

Header Picture

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wildly Wicked Blog Hop

This Wicked Blog Hop marks one year that I have been following Madame Samm's Blog Hops.  I found her blog by accident while surfing the internet and have enjoyed every single one of her blog hops, as well as her other creative blog posts.  It wasn't until May of this year that I started participating in the blog hops.  What fun it has been.

Thank you Mysterious Madame Samm and Wicked Wendy for hosting this spine-tingling blog hop and for cheering us on.

Before I show you my creations, please feel free to grab a little treat ... if you dare ...

Muah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

My first creation is from a pattern called Pumpkin Party Bowls by Poorhouse Designs.  It was difficult to photograph because it's meant to be a shallow bowl.  I used a heat-moldable interfacing so the shape of the bowl stays the way I molded it.



For my next creation I used my original tissue box cover pattern, which you can find here on Craftsy, and turned it into Frankenstein.


I made the cover as shown in the pattern, then just sewed the mouth and stitches using a straight stitch on my sewing machine and sewed on two 1-inch buttons.  As you can see, I used rick rack instead of pom poms for the trim.  The green fabric is from 1997!  I wish the manufacturers/designers would still print the year the fabric was created/released on the selvages.

One last look at everything together.


Grab another treat on your way out to visit the other ghoulish gals in today's lineup.

Peace,
Jan

72 comments:

  1. What wicked fun projects! Thank you for sharing the yummy , AKA, creepy cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your fun projects and so nicely photo'ed. And those cupcakes - EEKKK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both lovely - I love the leaf and the way you have done the fronds on the bowl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bowls are excellent and the tissue box cover is amazing! Well done you! I have to say that those cupcakes made me laugh! Could be something to serve on Valentines next year.....or is that wicked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are so wicked fun. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bowl and your Frankie are just terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stop the wicked track right now, I love FRANKIE...ok, you are on with that tissue box pattern...
    YOU are sooooo wickedly FUN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic projects!!!! You did a wonderful job..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects! The Frankie tissue box cover is wickedly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to take a little treatsy :) love your projects, too! Great job with Mr Frankie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your projects but that tissue cover is precious! Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your projects are adorable! The little shallow bowl is perfect for those Halloween treats and the tissue box cover really adds a pop of color! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bloody scarey wonderful. Thanks for sharing your wickedness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo creative! I love the little bowl Many many ideas for me for next year around the office!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your projects are great. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome candy bowl and I LOVE the Frankenstein tissue box cover! Thanks for sharing your wickedly lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Frankie and your shallow bowl for treats. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Visiting your site was a real treat. Love your projects. Congrats on being at the top today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tissue box is super wicked cool!
    Love the fabric bowl too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw those knifes at the store too, and I just may have to get me some for my neighbor kids! I really enjoy the bowl, and the Frankenstein is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wicked clever of you to create Frankie for your tissue holder. Love the moldable flat bowl for treats. Thank you for joining this Wicked fun hop. BOO-tiful...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all your creations! Frankenstein is very clever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All very cute, Jan! Makes a fun and clever table setting! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what cuteness.. the cupcakes have me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, what "Scary" good projects. I truly like your work and your dish. How clever!! And I must ask, how did you make those cupcakes??

    ReplyDelete
  26. Frankie is so cute. Never heard of the moldable, need to look into that cause your bowl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your projects are really wonderful. I need to look in to the heat-moldable interfacing, I had not heard of it before..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great projects. Love Frankie. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a scream!!! Love Frankie, and am very enchanted with the thought of heat moldable interfacing!
    What fun. Can you share more info on this?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wicked. Fun projects! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wicked good projects! I've never heard of the moldable interfacing so will have to check it out. Frankie is so cute I may have to make him for next year. Thanks for joing the hop and sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very very cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute projects, Happy Halloween! 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. really adorable projects!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great fun, congrats on your creative placing today for Frankie!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How clever of you----looks quite festive/scary/ready for trick or treaters at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What fun and neat projects and those cupcakes........scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am in love with your Frankenstein's monster.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I never heard of heat moldable interfacing, but what a good idea. I love your bowl and Frankenstein tissue cover! But those cupcakes, well let me just say that they don't look very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. your site was a bit scary to enter. hehe I loved your projects. Frankenstein is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very nice projects. and the cupcakes looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  42. How neat is that molded bowl. Great monster on your tissue box.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Reall cool..love the colours, love your projects

    ReplyDelete
  44. That bowl is a cool idea. I LOVE Frankenstein. Too cute!
    I wish they printed dates on selvages too.
    xo jan@sewnandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sew cute. Love the tissue box cover.

    ReplyDelete
  46. First, I had never heard of heat moldable interfacing. This is one of the things I love about these hops. How much I learn. The Frankenstein tissue box is adorable and very creative. 1997 - I can't remember what year any of my fabric was birthed. You are good. I don't even know what is from this year and just because I bought it this year doesn't mean it came out this year either. It might have been sitting in the store for some time, too. You are very creative not only with sewing but also with baking. You very deservedly belong on the wall of fame today. Congrats. Thanks for participating and sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  47. What fun!
    I love the Frankenstein tissue box cover!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. love your projects and your pumpkin prop is so cute - thanks for sharing :) ps I'm sure quite a few people (cough cough) have still got fabric from "the olden days" !!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful projects, Jan! Love the bowl tissue box cover. It's looks like you are all set for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Spooktacular treats Jan. Luv Frankie....and the cupcakes tempting! Thanks for sharing...these hops are always full of inspiration!! Happy Haunting, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great projects. Love your tissue cover!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Did you make those ghoulish cupcakes, too? Too real for me! :) I'd recently heard about the moldable fusible and it's great to see you project using it; really cute and can be used all fall season. Frank is cute...(say that quietly, please)...I'm sure he'd not be happy with my terminology. Love the idea of tissue box covers.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Ghastly projects. My favorite is the jack-o-lantern though I guess you wouldn't exactly call him ghastly. Adorable maybe. Thanks for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great job on all your projects! They are all adorable. I really like the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh sew creepy and sew perfect. I am always in for a treat and they look yum to me. Congrats and thank you for sharing your delightful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great cupcakes!!! Your projects are fun...I wanna make a candy bowl!!!

    Nini~

    ReplyDelete
  57. Ooooo even your cupcakes are too cute ! Frankie certainly deserves his top spot !

    ReplyDelete
  58. I've never heard of heat moldable interfacing, but it really makes for a wicked bowl...love it! Frank makes a very cute tissue holder, too!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I was never much of a fan of Halloween because of all the scary things. But i have changed my mind over the years. I love your frankenstein, he is lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great projects! Love them all.
    Congrats on being one of the chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Very cool set up, my son wants some of your treats, he might even do a trick for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I have never heard of heat-moldable interfacing. It sounds like fun!! Your bowl and cover are so cute. Those cupcakes look very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Omg I love Frankie! I Love green everything. Just made some hello for Halloween dinner, yep lime green and for dinner, stuffed green peppers r on the menu! Wish I had a cupcake, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment.

This post is the property of sewpeacetopeace.blogspot.com