Header Picture

Header Picture

Monday, September 30, 2013

Let's Twist to the 60's

Well here it is ... my day to show my interpretation of the 60's.  During that decade I attended grade school and a few years in high school.  Too young to go to one of the greatest music festivals ever ... dagnabbit!!! Many music legends played at Woodstock ... Joan Baez, The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Jimi Hendrix ... 

Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky 

To this day, I still love that song.

My project is more about the late 60's; you know ... peace, love, music, and flower power. 


My original plan was to use a different batik for the background.  It had the same colors, but not nearly as vibrant and it didn't have flowers.  Then my LQS sent out an email with pictures of some new batiks that just arrived.  I saw the flowers and the bright colors and knew immediately I HAD to get it for the background.  It was the perfect fit for the look I was going for.

Thank you Madame Samm for coming up with the theme to this super groovy blog hop.  It was a blast digging up some great memories of the past.  Thank you Mary for getting us all organized and for cheering us on.  Thanks also to the sponsors Island Batik and Reliable for some far out and outta sight giveaways. 

Here's the list of other hip bloggers I'm sharing the day with:

 
Thank you for stopping by. 
 
Until next time ....
 
Peace,
Jan
 

53 comments:

  1. Jan, your little hanging captures it all! I love the fabrics and the design! Perfect reflection of the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table stand little quilt, sew 60's! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the way that all pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little quilt. It's so bright and fun. I'm in love...
    You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Woodstock and your little quilt certainly depicts the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun little mini quilt. The colors are super fun. Beautiful work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute mini! I love it. Great job and thank you for sharing.
    xo jan@sewnadsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is stunning. I love it and the colors are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing and being part of this blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute mini quilt....love the background fabric !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely your mini quilt. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peace, Love and Rock and Roll. Groovy job on the mini quilt Jan. Perfect fabric choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little quilt. It is sew cheerful and groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You summed up the 60s perfectly in a charming little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Elizabeth...you summed it up!! Love the project

    ReplyDelete
  15. noooo I think it is a perfect background a perfect piece and I adore your project....j.hendrex...really lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. The background is fabulous! All of the fabrics remind me of images from the late 60's. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your project! The colors and your design are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That flower background is perfect, I would have taken a trip to the quilt shop myself. Great project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just lovely mini quilt with all the colors from the 60's.
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun project and you are right, that background fabric is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great..... love it.... like it.... the best..... Shall I keep going. Love your work... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful little quilt and the background is just perfect. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable... Don't you just love working with Batiks?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it! The background is perfect on this piece, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just beautiful...love the design and colors! It is a groovy piece of art. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, your background fabric is just perfect for this peace, er, piece. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yep, that's the era I grew up in, and loved. Bright colors, music and the infamous peace sign! Great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is a very grooooovy quilt, I love the colours and the guitar! Great work and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're so right! Some groovy batik you used! Great sixties quilt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is really pretty. You are right the background fabric is perfect for this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Right on the money with this Peace. Great job and wonderful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very very cool and your right on the background, it was perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. A lovely little quilt - with just the *perfect* background!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Extremely perfect! Cool colors.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cute idea. I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love, peace and muxic make the world go round, cute quilt, super fabrics! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful. Yes, that batik background was just perfect for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the colors! Perfect for this hoppity-hop-hop-hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. The colors are beautiful and the articles in your quilt all speak of a great decade the 60's

    ReplyDelete
  41. A perfect peace for the sixties. Thanks for sharing your beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I loved the guitar in you quilt! You did a great job. Just a question....did you have a little of that purple haze in you mind? Only....it is the 60's you know.....!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Jan, that is really cool! Great job on your little reminder of the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  44. How pretty! I just love that little guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Jan, I just had to search out and find this quilt from your header - I love it! You captured the times very well!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment.

This post is the property of sewpeacetopeace.blogspot.com