Header Picture

Header Picture

Monday, September 16, 2013

Final Day for the Pin It Blog Hop and a Little Surprise

Hi everyone! So glad you stopped by.

As you know, today is the last day of the Pin It Blog Hop.  Wasn't this hop amazing?  There was a feast of fabulous pincushions made by some very talented and creative women.

Before I show you my creations I would like to thank Madame Samm for coming up with the themes and for hosting the blog hops which, in turn, gives us an outlet to showcase our creations for the whole world to see.  Thank you Kristen for getting us organized and cheering us on.  Last, but not least, thank you to our sponsors P&B Textiles and Bird Brain Designs for the awesome giveaways.

Can you believe I did not have one single pincushion until I participated in this blog hop? Well it's absolutely true.  I've been using a magnetic pin holder forever.


I love owls so I decided to use the "Who Knew" pattern from Susie C. Shore Designs. It's 3.5" tall and the wings can be used to hold my needles. The pattern used felt for the wings.  I didn't have any felt, so I used cotton fabric and a layer of cotton batting.  Don't you think this would also make an adorable hanging ornament?


I wasn't planning on making another pincushion, but while I was out shopping one day I spotted a ceramic watering can ... on clearance and an additional 70% off the clearance price. It called out to me ... "Make me a pincushion.  Make me a pincushion!".  So, what did I do?  I bought it and made it into a pincushion. Yep, that's a cute little lady bug you see there on one of the petals.





The two pincushions together.



Thank you for stopping by. Time for you to visit the other creative ladies who shared the day with me. Wait, wait, wait ... don't leave just yet. I have something for YOU.  I'm going to give one of you lucky people out there the "Handy Who!" pattern from Susie C. Shore Designs. I love her patterns.  Everyone who leaves a comment has a chance to win. Become a follower (or if you are already a follower) you'll get an extra entry if you leave a second comment telling me how you follow (via email or Google Friends Connect).  The winner will be chosen and notified by email on Monday, September 22.


OK, now you can go visit the other bloggers. : )



Peace,
Jan

109 comments:

  1. Those are some great pincushions!!! I especially love the flower and just might need to make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I just adore the watering can with the flower in it - just too cute and how nice that would look on the sewing table. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. The flower in the watering can is sew bright and lovely. I really like the little owl pincushion. Thanks for a chance to win the pattern ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little owl! I think he'd make a great ornament, fun. Oh, I love that you listened to the watering can - that's the cutest flower pot ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are both adorable! The flower is really pretty and I love the ladybug.
    I am already a follower.
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a sweet flower and owl. Love them. P.S. I almost bought the same pot and used on my cactus. It wasn't quite on that good of a sale though. Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one funky owl! great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pin cushions! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both your pincushions...so pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pincushions are sew cute. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both your pincushions! Especially the flower. It is just so cute! A pincushion was among the first things I made....I have tons. Don't worry. You will get there too.... You will feel the need to make more and more of them. That first one...that is how they get you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is something about owls. Wisdom? No they incredibly cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The owl is very cute but I am in love with the flower, that one makes me happy.

    Warm regards from Holland,
    Marga♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful creativity. Sunflowers are my favorite flowers. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my! The owl is great but that watering can is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a fantastic job!! I like both ,but love the watering can

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pincushions are fab, I really like the owl as I have a little thing for them. Enjoy using them! Thanks for a fun giveaway too.
    ks(dot)eyles(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love owls and an owl pincushion would be just great. I also really like your watering can pincushion. You will have a flower garden all year :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. They're both wonderful, but I especially like the flower in the watering can!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pincushions but the flower is gorgeous. The owl is a great idea though for pins and the needles too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are both adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so into your vivid colour..lovely jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that owl and your flower just looks lovely in the watering can!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So, so cute! I love the owl and that flower in the watering can is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the owl, yes he would make a great ornament. The sunflower is amazing and oh what a cute little lady bug, the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute pin cushions, and extra special together !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are soooo cute! I love the fabrics you used to make them both so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Handy Who is a hoot! So cute, But the watering can with the flower you made is wonderful! Great giveaway too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely pincushions, the flower makes me smile, love sunflowers!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am a new follower now and looking forward to seeing more beautiful creations from you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are off to a great start on your pincushion collection!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both are very cute. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm a follower through GFC. Thanks for the giveaway chance.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your owl. So bright and cheery. If I don't win, I guess I'll have to buy the pattern. It is just adorable.
    tvbart@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your owl. So bright and cheery. If I don't win, I guess I'll have to buy the pattern. It is just adorable.
    tvbart@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your watering can. Everyone has such great wonderful ideas. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. SO glad you picked up the watering can and made it into a pincushion, it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the watering can. Well, they are just plain adorable! Thanks for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am a new follower via email. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  41. My only pin cushion is a pink magnet one I got about 10 yrs ago. Yours are so cute, I love the watering can with the lady bug. Love lady bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the idea of your watering can. It is very cute. Thanks for sharing and for being part of the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the watering can idea! Great job!
    And your owl is a hoot and a half:) That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your owl and watering can flower are very pretty and cute! Love your fabrics!
    Watch out.... you may have the "pincushion" bug now!! lol

    Susie
    legato1958@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am a new follower by gf

    Susie
    legato1958@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. How very pretty! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Cute pin cushions! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi! I am a new follower! Love those pin cushions, I have always hearted THE Owl Pincushion! Thanks for a chance to win!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi! Thanks for the great pincushions, very creative with the watering can, I have been looking like crazy for different pincushion containers, but difficult to find the perfect one! Love The Owl, I have hearted the pattern for awhile, thanks for the chance to win!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi!!! Wow!!! These are adorable!!! I love the watering can!!! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are adorable. Love them Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  52. What...no pincushions before this hop? Your owl and flower are fantastic. I adore them. Fab hop. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  53. Nice fabric choice, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great pincushions. The owl is adorable but I'm so glad you made the flower/watering can - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love them both! The sunflower is really cute and so is the owl. Well done, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I follow on sage feeds. THX for the giveaway opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love both of your pincushions. I follow by email. I think the frog looks better on the Octagon, so I think your brain was telling you something when you made the octagon instead of the hex. LOL. cism1955 at g mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Cute pincushions. The Handy Who looks like something I could use to keep everything close by. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm a follower on bloglovin. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Cute pincushions! I really like the owl. Thanks for sharing. vickise at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I am a follower via email and GFC. Thanks for the giveaway. vickise at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Both of your pin cushions are so cute and I love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I am a new follower on e-mail and on google.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great idea with the watering can. Everyone has these little things around, probably gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Although I have pincushions, we 3 rescue kitties who "help" me by pulling pins out with their teeth, so I have to resort to the magnetic variety or closed box. You opened my eyes to new uses for things. Thanks for sharing.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love your creations. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I've never used a magnetic pin cushion but it seems like a lot of folks do. I love your little creations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love the pin cushions. The pattern looks great also. You did a wonderful job. My favorite so far today. Thanks for sharing and having a give away.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love the pin cushions. The pattern looks great also. You did a wonderful job. My favorite so far today. Thanks for sharing and having a give away.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love the pincushions that you made. Owls are so popular again and yours is great,
    cheers
    maggie

    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I am a follower of your lovely blog.
    cheers
    maggie

    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Aw, they are both so cute. I reallt like the flower with the lady bug!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love the owl pincushion and would not think to use a small watering can for a cushion. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love your pincushions....great fabrics also. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  75. That watering can made the perfect pin cushion. And I love owls, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Very cute. Your choice of fabrics is topnotch.

    ReplyDelete
  77. What cute pincushions, especially the owl! Thanks for sharing and the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  78. The watering can pin cushion is beyond adorable. The wee ladybug on the flower petals is just the right touch. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to participate in a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  79. The owl is cute, but when you took a picture with the watering can pin cushion it went way over the top. You created two very sweet cushions. I have several of the magnetic pin holders, but they aren't very pretty. Thanks for showing your sweet work.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Darling pincushions! Love the owl.
    nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  81. gfc follower: nicolesender
    nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  82. Great idea and looking good. Love the little owl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love the pincushion you made and very creative. The pattern in the giveaway is so lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love your pincushions! The owl is so cute and the flower is absolutely precious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  85. uh uhhh i love that pattern and have wanted to get it, i have a thing for owls:)

    ReplyDelete
  86. This owl is the cutest pincushion. I would love to win the pattern

    senstrings at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  87. You did a great job on your pincushions. I love the owl but the watering can speaks to me because I collect old watering cans. I am going to go looking for some at the craft store. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I love that little hootie owl!! Thanks for the chance to win!!!

    wigglypup2(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I am a follower by both e-mail & GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  90. I love the owl pincushion, owls are my fave.
    smjohns63 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. I love both of your pin cushions--especially that adorable watering can. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment.

This post is the property of sewpeacetopeace.blogspot.com